Since its very announcement, fewer games have generated reactions as strong as Diablo Immortal has. After release, those feelings have only become stronger. Fans and critics are clashing in a way that would do the demons of hell and angels of heaven proud.
For those who power through the controversies and find themselves simply enjoying Diablo Immortal for what it is, there is a bright future. As a resounding mobile and PC success in revenue, Activision-Blizzard will most assuredly by keeping this product fresh for some time to come.
Updated on June 24th, 2022 by Hodey Johns: Diablo Immortal was designed with the endgame in mind. It's rather easy to get there without spending a single cent on upgrades or gear. This means that the bulk of information about that endgame will take a while to come out since gamers will need to spend some time grinding it out with each class. After several weeks since the release, this community of gaming pros has explored the depths that Diablo Immortal has to offer and written even more guides for each class. Additionally, the reception and production aspects of the game have so many stories, they merited their own section.
Tips, Tricks, And FAQs
Veterans will try to catch up as much as new players to the franchise. Perhaps even more so, since many core systems like runewords and rifts have either been eliminated or substantially altered. It's natural to be a bit overwhelmed when stepping into this world, familiar or unfamiliar as it may be.
Getting the basics down will assure gamers that the rest of their playthroughs won't be filled with mistakes. Of course, players will eventually transition to high-end build guides, but unless they get the simple things done right, the complicated parts will be all the more bewildering.
- How Long To Beat
- Stats Explained
- How To Play With Friends
- Essence Transfer Guide
- How To Fix The Cross Progression Issue
- How To Use Auto Navigation
- How To Establish A Warband Camp
- What's the Max Level Cap?
- How to Change Difficulty
- How To Change Character Appearance
- How To Join (And Leave) A Clan
Tips And Tricks
- Tips For Completing Challenge Rifts
- Pro Tips For The PvP Battlegrounds Mode
- How To Become A Shadow
- How To Level Up Quickly
- Tips For Completing Elder Rifts
- The Best Farming Spots For Each Zone
- Mistakes Everyone Makes While Playing Diablo Immortal
- Tips Every Beginner Should Know
- How to Get Wings
- How To Beat Skarn
Quests And Secrets
A simple guide is worth its weight in gold. At times, there are progression points blocked by a puzzle or a tough boss fight. Can't beat it? Can't move forward? Gamers who get blocked by these obstacles have choices: quit, try for hours until they get it right, or use a guide.
For obvious reasons, it's highly recommended to take the latter of these options. Other guides include general tips and best practices, which will make the journey from the bottom to the top more rewarding. Miss no secrets and stack up wealth with some expert advice.
- Set Item Locations and List
- How To Find And Kill Officer Hagan
- Hydra Location
- Ancient Nightmare Event Guide
- Light All Nine Lamps At Once Puzzle Solution (Lost Runes)
- How to Clear the Cobwebs
- How To Find Zakarum Sigil (Lord Martanos Location)
Picking the right class is players' first and largest step in their adventure. While various gear and gems can be swapped in and out, class is a more lasting choice. Yes, changing classes is possible, but that involves re-gearing the entire character.
Aside from being just a big first choice, sticking by that choice and sharpening up the class with ideal skills and strategies is critical. Any class in the game can be a valuable asset in PvP or PvE, but misplay the class, and teammates won't be sticking around.
General Class Info
- Barbarian Class Breakdown
- Best Skills For The Barbarian Class
- Best Legendary Weapons For The Barbarian Class
- Best Legendary Armors For The Barbarian Class
- Crusader Class Breakdown
- Best Skills For The Crusader Class
- Best Legendary Weapons For The Crusader Class
- Best Legendary Armors For The Crusader Class
- Demon Hunter Class Breakdown
- Best Skills For The Demon Hunter Class
- Best Legendary Weapons For The Demon Hunter Class
- Best Legendary Armors For The Demon Hunter Class
- Monk Class Breakdown
- Best Skills For The Monk Class
- Best Legendary Weapons For The Monk Class
- Best Legendary Armors For The Monk Class
- Necromancer Class Breakdown
- Best Skills For The Necromancer Class
- Best Legendary Weapons For The Necromancer Class
- Best Legendary Armors For The Necromancer Class
- Wizard Class Breakdown
- Best Skills For The Wizard Class
- Best Legendary Weapons For The Wizard Class
- Best Legendary Armors For The Wizard Class
Reception & Production
There was extensive outrage felt when the team announced the mobile title. Not all news has been met with backlash, however, and some gamers find themselves able to enjoy the experience without needing to empty their wallets.
Now that the game has been released, players can decide if their worst fears have been realized or if the experience isn't so bad. Perception is frequently reality in the marketplace, both inside the game and outside of it, so this information will be gathered by everyone from stockholders to gaming vets.
- Diablo Immortal Has Reportedly Earned Over $24 Million for Blizzard
- Diablo 3 Vs. Diablo Immortal: Which Game Had The Better Launch?
- Diablo Immortal Has the Lowest User Score in Metacritic History
- Diablo Immortal Declared 'Biggest Launch in Franchise History'
- Diablo Immortal Now Has Blizzard's Lowest User Score on Metacritic
- Diablo Immortal is Being Review Bombed
- Trailer is Now Making Dislikes Disappear
- Trailer Flooded With Dislikes; Blizzard Removing Comments
- Blizzard Didn't Expect Negative Response to Diablo Immortal
- Diablo Fans Want Diablo Immortal Banned from the Subreddit
- Diablo Immortal Trolled by Domino's Pizza
- Diablo Immortal Launches Early
- Diablo Immortal Will Not Be Launching in All Regions
- China Release Delayed at Last Minute
- Beta Has Controller Support
- Activision Blizzard Stock Drops After Diablo Immortal Announcement
- Blizzard Announces Diablo Immortal Event
- Playtesters 'Hugely Enthusiastic' Says Blizzard
- New Diablo Immortal Trailer Released
- Diablo Immortal Mobile Game Announced with Trailer
- Trailer Reveals Launch Date for Mobile and PC
Though it might not technically be as "large" a title as other AAA entries regarding production cost and time, Diablo Immortal will make more news than most games with larger budgets. Activision-Blizzard is a team in the middle of acquisitions and transitions. The world is watching to see if their evolution is a positive or negative one.
If Diablo Immortal is successful in the long term, this will further establish free-to-play microtransaction games for major developers who are already dipping their toes in the water. If the headlines indicate that profits and public reputation aren't going well, this could force those considering such a move to iron out the kinks first.
- Rift Simulator Lets Players Roll Until They 'Get' a 5-Star Legendary Gem
- Glitch Lets Player Get to Top of Tree
- Some Players Are Having Their Resource Packs Uninstalled
- Cheating Hits PvP
- Diablo Immortal Will Let Players Change Classes Without Losing Progress
- Gameplay Details, Ultimate Attacks Revealed
- New Never-Before-Seen Class Datamined
- Diablo Immortal Doesn't Have Diablo 3-Like Seasons
The bulk of the news regarding Diablo Immortal is about the game's extensive microtransactions. Short of mortgaging a house, it's going to be difficult to get all the gear and gems required. It would take over a decade to grind out the gear that wealthy gamers can purchase.
Even the rich are going to have to hope for decent drop rates from their investments. Getting perfect gems is no guarantee and sometimes a perfect gem doesn't match the player's needs. The media and fanbase have not appreciated this predatory market and are letting the gaming world know about it.
- Diablo Immortal Compared To The Worst Microtransactions In Gaming History
- Twitch Streamer Spends $25K to Get First 5-Star Legendary Gem, Deletes Character
- Streamer‘s Spending Passes $20,000 Without Legendary Gem
- Player Reportedly Kicked Out of Clan They Paid Real Money to Start
- Hidden Caps Can Make Game Even More Frustrating for Free to Play Players
- Shroud Says He Has a 'Problem' With Diablo Immortal and 'Can't Stop Paying for It'
- 'Fan Art' Pokes Fun at the Game's Microtransactions
- StarCraft 2 Video Mocking Pay to Win Games Resurfaces After Diablo Immortal Controversy
- It Costs $110,000 to Fully Gear-Up in Diablo Immortal
- Things that are Cheaper than Fully Gearing-Up in Diablo Immortal
- Streamer Spends Nearly $4,000 and Doesn't Get Any 5 Star Legendary Gems
- Asmongold Criticized for Deleting Posts About Microtransactions
- Microtransaction Controversy Explained
- Twitch Streamer Shroud Says ‘Uncapped’ Microtransactions Are a Good Thing for Him
- Diablo Immortal Streamer Has Now Spent Over $10,000 Without Getting a 5-Star Legendary Gem
Opinions & Discussion
Why not have a hot take or two when it comes to Diablo Immortal? Everybody else has at least a few. The market will drive the game, and that market is comprised of both purchases and feedback. It's not too late for the game to fundamentally change.
In fact, it already has, with certain aspects of the game getting overhauled before the release date while more popular portions of the game were given a grander stage. The community has numerous ideas about the future of this mobile smash hit; it will be fascinating to see if they get the attention of the developers.
- Diablo Immortal Making $24 Million in Two Weeks is a Good Sign
- Red Shirt Guy Reviews The Game
- Things That Could Be Improved About The Endgame
- Players Are Not Impressed With 10 Million Installs Reward
- Player Points Out Big Problem With Game's Pity System
- Diablo 4 Could Have the Same Problem as Diablo Immortal
- Diablo Immortal Rekindles Auction House Wariness With 'The Market' Feature
- Developer Calls End Game 'Much Richer' Than Diablo 3's
- Diablo Immortal Will Boon of Plenty Changes Are a Solid Response
- PC Release Is a Good Sign for Warcraft Mobile
- Diablo Immortal Is The Best Franchise Jumping On Point
- The Biggest Fixes The Game Needs
Diablo Immortal is available now for mobile and PC.